Bread and Water for Africa®
8301 Richmond Highway, Suite 300
Alexandria, VA 22309
Toll Free: 888-371-6622
Join Our Email List
Sign up and stay connected. Learn about the latest news and events by joining our email list today.
Receive Our Latest News Through the Mail:
To receive a free print copy by mail of our latest Annual Report and Newsletter, please email us. Make sure to include your name and address.
* Your name and address will not be added to our direct mail fundraising list unless you request us to do so.
Mailing List Additions:
To have your name added to our mailing list, please email your name and address and we will add you to our growing list of interested donors.
Mailing List Deletions:
To have your name deleted from our mailing list, please email us the following information:
* Name and complete address as they appear on the envelope, if possible, include the account or mail code number located on the upper right hand corner of the return address label
We will delete your information from our donor database as soon as possible; however, please be advised that since we often print our appeals months in advance to save on printing costs, it may take up to eight weeks for your request to be fully processed.
Requests for Funding: (Currently not accepting new proposals)
Bread and Water for Africa® is committed to the long-term development of our partner organizations and the people and communities we serve. Because development takes time, we sign multi-year funding agreements with the majority of our African partner organizations. Therefore, funding for new organizational partnerships and projects is not available every year.
If you are interested in requesting funding for a project please be advised that proposals are evaluated based on the following:
* Funds available in excess of our long-term partnership program commitments,
* Synergy with our mission and fundraising program,
* Demonstrated need in the intended community being served,
* Ability to achieve self-sufficiency,
* Level of target-community involvement in project,
* Willingness and ability to provide reporting, and
* Ability to achieve measurable outcomes
Our grant schedule is as follows: January – April: proposals are received and evaluated; June: Budget is voted on and approved by Board of Directors; July – August: Funding decisions will be sent to applicants. Proposals received after April will not be considered until the following grant cycle as budgets are finalized by June of each year.